HOW IT WORKS
We will be closing our site on June 5th in order to begin our expansion into next year. Any sessions that you currently have booked beyond that date may be canceled at the discretion of the tutor. We're so sorry for the inconvenience. This was a very recent decision that we had to make in order to ensure we can open in time for the fall! Join our mailing list to stay up to date!
Our tutors are so excited to work with you! We ask that you follow these guidelines when registering for a session. Please read over them carefully as breaking from the guidelines may result in the cancelation of your child's sessions.
1. Our goal is to make these sessions available to the most amount of students possible. Please limit registration to at maximum 2 sessions per child per week.
2. Please do not register for a session less than 24 hours in advance. If you register with less than 24 hours notice the tutor may choose to not accept the session.
3. Some, but not all of our tutors, are happy to spend a session with your child teaching without guidance from school worksheets. However, unstructured sessions take a lot of preparation in order to make fun and engaging. If you are looking for an unstructured session (one without school work given from a school board) your chosen tutor may not be able to accommodate.
4. Tutors have indicated what age groups and subjects they feel comfortable tutoring. If a session is booked outside of these specifications the tutor may choose to not accept the session.
How to Register For Tutoring
1. Every Friday night, helpers will release their weekly schedules, however, some will have their availability set beyond the week as well. You can access their schedules through the Our Helpers page.
2. Once on the Our Helpers Page read through individual Helper's blurbs. Each blurb will describe a little bit about them, what subjects they are able to tutor and what grade levels they are able to work with. Some may even offer lessons in with music, art, coding, or other areas! It will also have a link to their contact information if they are willing to share it in case you have any questions.
3. Once you find a Helper that matches your needs click the Sign up button under their blurb. This will lead you to their unique Calandlys. Here you can see their weekly availability and can sign up for the class of your choice by choosing a date and time. Once this is selected and you Confirm a form will prompt you to put down what subject you wish to have help with, the duration you wish to be tutored for (the maximum duration is set individually by the helpers), and any other information you think is important for the Helper to know before the session.
4. Once you have signed up for a time slot your helper will receive an email with your information. They will then be able to contact you and set up the logistics for the session. Sessions will take place over the Zoom app which can be downloaded on any laptop or portable device such as an Ipad. Also, please scroll down to the "Important notes" section of this page!
How to Register for workshops
1. Every Friday night helpers will release their weekly schedules. You can access their schedules through the Workshops page under the Our Helpers Page
2. Once on the Workshops page read through individual workshop blurbs. Each blurb will describe a little bit about the workshop, what age groups they will teach as well as the date and time of their workshop. It will also have a link to their contact information if they are willing to share it in case you have any questions.
3. If you would like to participate you will be able to email the instructor to sign up.
4. Once you have signed up the instructor will then be able to contact you and set up the logistics for the session. Sessions will take place over the Zoom app which can be downloaded on any laptop or portable device such as an Ipad. Also, please scroll down to the "Important notes" section of this page!
some important notes!
Please remember that each of the sessions are run based off of the personal teaching styles of the Helpers! If you have already booked a session and have a question, you must contact the Helper directly as it is most likely that only they will be able to answer your question.
If you wish to have the Helper review a specific worksheet or read a specific book with your child please send them a copy of the sheets (picture or PDF) or the name of the book ahead of time. If they cannot find a PDF of the book online you may need to send them pictures of the pages you want read so they can follow along.