HOW IT WORKS
Our tutors are so excited to work with you! We ask that you follow these guidelines when registering for a session. Please read them over carefully as breaking from the guidelines may result in the cancelation of your sessions.
1. Our goal is to make these sessions available to the most amount of students possible. Please limit registration to at maximum 2 sessions per child per week.
2. Please do not register for a session less than 24 hours in advance. If you register with less than 24 hours notice the tutor may choose to not accept the session.
3. Some, but not all of our tutors, are happy to spend a session with your child teaching without guidance from school worksheets. However, unstructured sessions take a lot of preparation in order to make fun and engaging. If you are looking for an unstructured session (one without school work given from a school board) your chosen tutor may not be able to accommodate.
4. Tutors have indicated what age groups and subjects they feel comfortable tutoring. If a session is booked outside of these specifications the tutor may choose to not accept the session. This includes booking English language learning sessions with an academic tutor and vice versa.
5. Please carefully review our "No Show Policy" here
How to Register For Tutoring
1. Every Sunday night, helpers will release their weekly schedules. You can access their schedules through the Our Helpers page.
2. Before you register for a session decide whether you need English tutoring, which is geared towards those wanting to learn the language or academic tutoring. Once you've identified what type of tutor you need click on the respective page to book a session. Please note that many of our academic tutors will tutor English, but their sessions are not geared towards language learners. If a language learning session is booked with an academic tutor it will be canceled.
3. Once on the Academic tutoring or English Tutoring page read through individual Helper's blurbs. Each blurb will describe a little bit about them, what subjects they are able to tutor and what grade levels they are able to work with.
4. Once you find a Helper that matches your needs click the Sign up button under their blurb. This will lead you to their unique Calandly. Here you can see their weekly availability and can sign up for the class of your choice by choosing a date and time. Once this is selected and you Confirm a form will prompt you to put down what subject you wish to have help with, and any other information you think is important for the Helper to know before the session.
5. Once you have signed up for a time slot your helper will receive an email with your information. They will then be able to contact you and set up the logistics for the session. Sessions will take place over the Zoom app which can be downloaded on any laptop or portable device such as an Ipad. Also, please scroll down to the "Important notes" section of this page!
some important notes!
Please remember that each of the sessions are run based off of the personal teaching styles of the Helpers! If you have already booked a session and have a question, you must contact the Helper directly as it is most likely that only they will be able to answer your question.
If you wish to have the Helper review a specific worksheet or read a specific book with your child please send them a copy of the sheets (picture or PDF) or the name of the book ahead of time. If they cannot find a PDF of the book online you may need to send them pictures of the pages you want read so they can follow along.